Create for a Cause- The Ulitmate Backyard Party
I have missed you! I decided it was time to give this blogging thing a whirl again! If you’ve been around for a little bit you know that as much I love making pillows, I LIVE for using my business as a platform to better our community and the people that live in it.
Last year me and my friend who is a social worker (the really high up boss-lady kind) cast a vision to start a yearly event that was fun, encouraged women to gather in community and to raise money for a local cause. We were able to raise $2500 for a local teen mom home and were able to transform their community living space.
This year, we decided to dream even bigger. A friend who is a huge part of our community recently lost her husband to his 5 month battle with stage 4 cancer- he leaves behind his wife along with their 3 beautiful children (3,9 & 12). Before he passed away, we knew that the medical bills would start adding up and we had to help. Thus, Create for a Cause 2.0 was born.
The event was hosted at the Linen & Ivory Studio. I gathered my dream team and we made a plan, here's how it turned out!
Live Music by Kellie Rose
Charcuterie by Savory + Sweet
Photos by Morgan Taylor
Pop Up Shop by Linen & Ivory
100 women showed up to the event and We were able to raise $7800 to give straight to the family. I know many of you have messaged me interested in throwing your own fundraiser and all I can say is DO it. It matters, it makes a difference and the work is well worth the end result. A few tips to get you started:
- Tickets were sold through Eventbrite and were $40 which included 2 drink tickets, access to the activity/class, and 1 raffle ticket.
- Additional raffle tickets could be purchased for $5/each
- All the wine and auction.raffle items were donated
- All of our vendors donated their time so that we were able to give as much to the family as possible.
- I borrowed decor from as many friends and neighbors as I could to cut down on the cost of buying everything new.
- I conned one of my besties into crafting a few of the decor pieces (Thanks Halie!)
Now for the decor!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.